I'm sure you can imagine my excitement when I found out there was going to be a genealogy conference in Brisbane. Then I discovered where it was being held - a place that I've driven past so many times to and from a friends house. Woohoo!
I'm attending the In Time and Place Conference, which is being run by History Queensland, the Genealogical Society of Queensland, and the Queensland Family History Society. Location? It is being held at the Riverglenn Conference Centre in Indooroopilly.
|Map showing location of Riverglenn (bottom left) & The University of Queensland (top right). I think most|
of you know that I live near UQ.
[Source: Google Maps]
You can see the list of speakers here, which includes two of my fellow Queensland genea-friends Shauna Hicks and Helen Smith.
As well as the keynote sessions by Dave Obee, Janis Wilton and Shauna Hicks, the sessions that I am attending are...
- Suffrage in Queensland: Who, When, Where by Rosemary Kopittke
- Finding Joseph Dunn: A World Search 1851 - 1915 by Geoff Doherty
- Hidden Lives by Jan Richardson
- Mythbusters: Challenging some Common Beliefs by Dave Obee
- The Words of the People: Treasures within Government Enquiries by Helen Smith
- Three Minutes between Time and Eternity: Recalling the wreck of HMS Quetta by Diana Hacker
- Proving your Point: Evidence and Citation Unlocked by Pauline Williams
- Looking Behind the Reading Room Wall by Rowena Loo
I am really looking forward to catching up with some of my wonderful genea-friends and meeting new ones too!
Catch ya on the flip side with my post-conference write up.